Hub Anatomy of Aesthetic edgetotedge hero 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Hub Anatomy of Aesthetic edgetotedge hero 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style > Fashion

Must Haves For Your Fall Wadrobe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

It is finally the best time of the year – fall! I absolutely LOVE fall. The drinks, the outfits, the pumpkin patches, etc. – I love it all! One of the parts I enjoy the most is the fashion. Dressing for fall can look daunting, but it can be easy to piece an impeccable outfit together. All you need are a few staple pieces in your wardrobe and voila! You’re all set! 

Cardigan

The first thing I recommend is getting yourself at least one cardigan in a neutral color – black, white, brown, or even blue. You can throw this over anything and pair it with a skirt, jeans, or a dress.  

Long-sleeve

The next thing you need is a long-sleeved shirt, preferably in white. You can put it under a sweater, a cardigan, a T-shirt, or a flannel. It serves two purposes, to keep you warm and it’s cute! 

jeans

You definitely need a pair of jeans! They go with just about anything and everything. The possibilities are endless!

pleated skirt

These bad boys are coming back in style. My favorite thing to do is pair it with a cute sweater, some black tights, and my favorite Doc Martens! 

dress

Every girl NEEDS to have a cute fall dress. My favorite is my little black dress that I wear with my favorite cardigan and boots. I recommend having a dress that is plain, that way you can accessorize it any way you want! 

tights

I feel like this goes without saying. It’s such a simple yet impactful piece of clothing that every girl needs to have. It immediately makes your outfit look classy and studious – like you ACTUALLY put thought into it and didn’t pick it up off your floor this morning before your 8 AM class.  

Boots

The final and maybe the most important piece of the fall look are the boots! A brown or black pair is preferable, but you can choose any pair you like. These go great with a pair of tall socks with a skirt, or with a plain pair of jeans.  

Kayla Delaney is the President at the Her Campus at IUP chapter. She oversees all chapter and campus events, as well as publication of all articles. At IUP, Kayla is studying Hotel, Restaurant, Tourism, and Event Management with a focus in events and weddings. She is a junior due to graduate in the Spring of 2025, and has completed an internship at a wedding venue called Armstrong Farms. In her free time, Kayla enjoys painting and crafting, both of which inspire her best articles, and going on walks with her boyfriend. She also loves all forms of rock music and is a frequent concert-goer.