Career

IUP’s Phi Eta Sigma Chapter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Phi Eta Sigma is a National Honor Society that was founded in 1923 at the University of Illiniois. There are over 375 chapters throughout the country and in 2009 they reached a total of one million members. In order to become a member, you must have a 3.50 GPA and rank in the 20th percentile of your class. ​IUP’s Phi Eta Sigma chapter is currently run by senior marketing major, Alorah Colwell. The goal of the IUP chapter is to provide community service, social events, and other services that may be needed in our neighborhood and throughout campus.

Alorah’s favorite part about being a member is all the community service activities they do because of how rewarding they are. Next semester, they have great plans to continue doing community service throughout the Indiana area.

Phi Eta Sigma meets bi-weekly to discuss upcoming events and make sure their members are up-to-date. Typically, they have guest speakers or workshops during their meetings to help further their knowledge and prepare for their future careers.

If you are eligible to become a member of Phi Eta Sigma, you will receive a letter during the spring semester with information on how to join.

Meet the E-Board!

Alorah Colwell

– Position: President

– Major: Marketing

– Years in Phi Eta Sigma: Three

Mckala Newhart

– Position: Vice President

– Major: Early Childhood Education

– Years in Phi Eta Sigma: One

Natasha Vinson

– Position: Secretary

– Major: Pre-Vet Biology

– Years in Phi Eta Sigma: One

Katie Dotts

– Position: Website Chair

– Major: Communications Media

– Years in Phi Eta Sigma: Three

Brad Kintar

– Position: Treasurer

– Major: Nursing

– Years in Phi Eta Sigma: One

Madison Spade

– Position: Active Chair

– Major: Speech-Language Pathology

– Years in Phi Eta Sigma: One

Madison Handling

– Position: Induction Chair

– Major: Pre-Physician Assistant

– Years in Phi Eta Sigma: One

Phi Eta Sigma will be having a Grilled Cheese Fundraiser at the library on December 9th from 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm. Make sure to stop by!

Kate is a senior Communications Media major at Indiana University of Pennsylvania from Bentleyville, Pennsylvania. She enjoys spending time with her family and friends, taking long naps, eating ice cream with lots of sprinkles, photography, musicals, walking her dog, and listening to 60s/70s music.