IUP Ranked as one of the “Best Bang for Your Buck” Universities

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Colliegiettes, it is time to be proud of your school, or rather time to be proud of your classmates and yourself! Thanks to all of the hard work and effort from students and professors, Indiana University of Pennsylvania has been selected for the seventh consecutive year by Washington Monthly for its list of national ranking schools. This list is based on each university’s contributions to society, analyzing the amount of clubs at each school and what their community has to offer. Only 11 universities in Pennsylvania were selected for the recognition in 2015.

Editors used three main criteria to select institutions for the listing: social mobility (how committed the college is to enrolling low-income students and helping them to earn degrees), research (especially success at sending undergraduates on to doctoral programs) and service, which includes the size of ROTC programs, students who enroll in the Peace Corps, and community service. A new national guidebook by the editors of Washington Monthly also included IUP in its rankings of “best bang for the buck” universities. Of the 1,540 colleges and universities considered for the listing, IUP is ranked in the top 102 institutions.

Hey everyone! I'm a senior at Indiana University of Pennsylvania with a History, Pre-Law major and Enlgish minor. I hope you all are enjoying my articles and those of my fellow writers. Follow me on twitter or instagram - jessicavalenx3. Let me know what you would to see on HerCampus and we will always try to accomodate. Thanks and enjoy!