This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

With the change in weather, sometimes it’s easy to just camp in your room as soon as class is over. The chill in the air makes you want to throw on some sweatpants and just take a nap. Instead of becoming a hermit, grab some friends and go do something fun!

Take advantage of the fact that you’re an IUP student with access to great opportunities! The Entertainment Network (TEN) is selling tickets for Phantom Fright Night at Kennywood Park on Friday, October 23 for only $25.00 with your iCard. Your ticket includes a bus ride which leaves IUP at 5:30pm and departs Kennywood at 1:00am. Get some friends together and get into the holiday spirit! Going out to an amusement park at night with screams and scares included is a sure way to get you out of the mid semester slump.

If you don’t feel like leaving campus, the Paranormal Society of IUP is hosting a ghostly lantern tour. This will take place Friday, October 16th and will start on the porch of Leonard Hall. Tours run every half hour through 9:00pm. You can still be in your comfy clothes while having a good time discovering ghostly secrets of IUP’s campus. Allow yourself to get in the mood for Halloween and maybe even meet some new people to share the experience.

So, crawl out of your bedroom and have some fun! October is a great month to go out and have a nice time before you are truly stuck inside.

My name is Carolanne. I am a sophomore at IUP with a major in communications media. I enjoy writing and would love to work for a major magazine someday. When I am not busy with school, I enjoy doing artwork and spending time with my family, friends, and fiancé.