This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

“Art is not what you see, but what you make others see” – Edgar Degas

As an artist, I believe the world needs creative people because earth would be a boring place with no colors, art, music, and entertainment. I like to draw, listen to music, watch movies and shows, write stories, sing, and dance. I can not imagine a world with no art. Creative individuals have changed the world for good and art makes the world more exciting and enjoyable.

When I was kid, I used to watch animated movies and shows daily. For example: Monster High, The Amazing World of Gumball, Adventure Time, and Disney Movies. The media I was watching inspired me to draw. I like designing unique pieces and combining colors together.

I am autistic, so I have a hard time communicating with others. Being an artist connects me to others. I can express myself in a way that I haven’t been able to before.

To summarize, artists can make anything and their artwork inspires and entertains people.

Sarabeth Smalich is a nineteen-year-old freshmen at the IUP Her Campus. She studies Graphic Design & Illustration at Indiana University of Pennsylvania College of Arts and Humanities. Fun Facts about Sarabeth: Her star sign is Aries. Sarabeth's personal interests are Art, Fashion, True Crime, Asian Culture, Makeup, Music, Film, Social Causes, Travel, and Cooking. Blue is Sarabeth's favorite color. Bio Updated On: 10/17/23