How do you make IUP your own? Second Prize Winner Announced!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Congratulations, Francesca Ragucci!  This collegiette won second prize in Her Campus IUP’s Homecoming Writing Contest! Read her submission below and find out just how Francesca makes IUP her own!

Indiana University of Pennsylvania is a great college to venture off and explore.  I make my own IUP every day in different aspects. I am currently involved in the Student Marketing Association.  This will be my first year being involved with SMA.  I am very eager to take the proper steps towards a bright, successful future and enjoy a memorable experience.  This group will give me great insight on career options and open me up to interacting with other marketing majors.

I also enjoy attending business and career days in Eberly.  The business lectures are very knowledgeable for me because I get to listen to others talk about the marketing profession. I love to sit and hear people talk with so much passion about marketing!  They also have interview tips and general information on the first steps to getting a job in my field.  The guest speakers are very enjoyable for me too because they are examples of people currently in the working world — a world I will soon be in.

Academics wise, I make sure I have a lot of help options available for me.  I love to take advantage of every service offered to me at IUP. Since I arrived at IUP, I’ve been getting the right amount of help from my professors and other students who run help classes.  I try to go to as many IUP events as possible too.  It is very important to me to see what exciting events are going on throughout the year. I believe that I am more than a student at IUP. I am a member of a united community of young people preparing for “the real world.”

I personally enjoy going to the sports games like football and basketball.   I also enjoy taking advantage of the daily on campus activities like the gym, eating areas, and the library.  My weekly goals to a successful IUP are taking part in some of these different activities every week.  I believe every student contributes to the atmosphere here at IUP and I do my best to leave my mark. The KCAC concerts are something I always look forward to once I get back at school.  They are a great way to get together with friends and have an enjoyable night.

My own IUP is about making this school as enjoyable and memorable as possible for myself. My IUP isn’t just about me. It’s about all 14,728 of our students! The students who make the school what it is! The school is here to serve its students and I believe, as a student, I have an obligation to the institution to make IUP my own and leave my mark. No matter where I go or what I do upon graduation, IUP will remember me, as I will remember IUP.

Thank you and congratulations, again, Francesca!

Tune in next week to read Adam Harring’s third prize submission!

I am currently an English Education student with a Spanish minor at the Indiana University of Pennsylvania.  I work as a Community Assistant in one of the residence halls and volunteer as a tutor for students learning English as a second language.  My dream job is that of a secondary bilingual education teacher.  Some of my favorite past times include watching movies, drinking coffee, reading, and hanging out with my friends here at IUP.I am also the president of Her Campus IUP.  The opportunity to work with the talented writers, photographers, and designers that I do makes the position enjoyable and rewarding.  We work as a team to bring readers the best possible articles and events.