Going Home For Thanksgiving, as told by Gilmore Girls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

We’ve been looking forward to our first break since the beginning of the semester, now it’s finally here! Unlike most colleges, IUP gets no ‘fall break’ in October, so by Thanksgiving all of us are like…

After traveling home, it’s time to get settled back into your high school bedroom for a week. You’ll spend a solid hour looking for something before realizing you left it at your apartment at school, and your bed won’t feel quite as comfy as your usual apartment bed. Ugh.

And when it’s time to get ready for your family dinner, no doubt your mother will ask you to change your outfit because “you need to wear something nicer to Grandma’s”

After you finally decide on a mom-approved outfit, it’s time to head to Grandma’s for the annual Thanksgiving dinner with your aunts, uncles, and cousins.

Naturally you’ll have that one relative that asks about your ‘relationship status’…

Or they ask about your classes/major…

Then comes the awkward over-share story told by someone who has no problem making everyone else uncomfortable.

After steering the conversation to a more PG direction, the conversation will end up at something you have no knowledge about. So there will be awkward silence on your end for a while…

Once dinner finally ends, it’s time to say good-byes and head home to prep for black friday shopping!

Before you know it, the week is over and it’s time to head back to Indiana and start studying for finals…

Happy Thanksgiving, Collegiettes!

Hi I'm Amanda! I am a former Nationals Intern, and former CC of Her Campus at IUP. Currently living in Pittsburgh, and adventuring where ever the world takes me!