This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

1.      Late Night Binging – Chips!

We all have done it; stay up later than usual to get work done.

But then you get hungry – well you don’t want to microwave something because it will wake up your roommate, so you grab the next best things, soda and chips. NO! When in doubt eat a salad and water. Sometimes carrot sticks and ranch can be a great late night snack.

2.      Say no to the “do lunch everyday” date – college food is not good (sometimes)

We all want to meet up with friends and talk, especially in college when your work load is hectic. Yet, college food is not healthy so maybe cutting it down to two or three times a day and still eating a healthy meal is a plus.

3.      Microwavable Foods – Frozen Food

We all get lazy and don’t want to get food, so you decide to put something in the microwave. NO! If you are going to prepare a meal in the microwave, try to make it something that shows it has vegetables and protein like Healthy Choice.

4.      Ordering Food – Pizza

Again, you are lazy and you have money to spare. Why not order from the local pizza shop? NO! Save your money and find a healthy snack to munch on. Now, eating fattening food every now again is good, but at least be manageable.

I definitely recommend that you digest more by reading the “How to Avoid the Freshman 15” by Tabitha! 

Hey everyone! I'm a senior at Indiana University of Pennsylvania with a History, Pre-Law major and Enlgish minor. I hope you all are enjoying my articles and those of my fellow writers. Follow me on twitter or instagram - jessicavalenx3. Let me know what you would to see on HerCampus and we will always try to accomodate. Thanks and enjoy!