Career > Her20s

Fall Cookies You Have to Try, and They are Not Pumpkin Spice

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Apple Pie Oatmeal Cookies

Ingredients:

• 1 Cup quick-cooking oats
  • ¾ Cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 ½ tsp Baking powder
  • 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
  • ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • 1 ½ tbsp unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted and cooled
  • 1 large egg white
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • ¼ Cup pure maple syrup
  • 5 tbsp nonfat milk
  • ¾ Cup finely diced red apple
  1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter or coconut oil, egg white, and vanilla. Stir in the maple syrup and milk. Add the flour mixture, stirring just until incorporated. Fold in the apple. Chill the cookie dough for 30 minutes.
  2. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  3. Using a spoon and spatula, drop the cookie dough into 15 rounded scoops onto the prepared sheet, and flatten to the desired thickness and width using a spatula. Bake at 325 F for 9-11 minutes. Cool on the pan for 10 minutes before putting it onto a wire rack.
  4. ENJOY!
Heather is Disability Services Major with a minor in Educational Psychology. Some of her favorite things to do are spending time with her pets back at home and shopping with her friends. In the future she hopes to be teaching a middle school special education classroom.