Eric “SouL” Soler

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

A student, videographer, club promoter, and rapper- ladies, I give you Eric Soler, Jr., or the rapper known as “SouL.” Hailing from Vineland, NJ, Soler is a junior Communications Media major here at IUP. Even though his image is tough, rowdy, and gangsta, Soler believes in walking the straight-and-narrow, working hard, and earning success. He strongly believes in God and considers himself a romantic, desiring a woman who appreciates a nice dinner and dance. Many of his lyrics talk about how he has achieved success through working hard and staying dedicated to the field.

Sometimes I make sense. Other times, I make bacon egg and cheese bagel sandwiches. I’m an English writing major at IUP now. Maybe I’ll get a real job someday, or maybe I’ll furiously write short stories during my future children’s nap time while laundry is in the dryer. I’m also a night blogger, a grammar guru, a sucker for classic literature, a biker, a fencer, a bagel addict, and a super awesome coffee maker. I’ve divided my books into piles based on the kind of mood I want to savor. I’ve won a few writing awards. I hope to win a few more. Then maybe someone will pay me to write cool stuff like that someday. Movie posters as book covers make me weep both internally and externally. I love my indie bookstore dearly. I think that’s all I have to say. Long live the Oxford comma.