This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

If you go through the Christmas season without eating a single cookie is it really Christmas? That’s why you need to hop on making these Christmas meltaway cookies ASAP! Amber Brady’s recipe is super easy to follow and will give you delicious cookies within 18 minutes- what more can you ask for?

Ingredients

•  1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature
  •  1/2 cup powdered sugar
  •  1/2 cup cornstarch
  •  1 tsp vanilla
  •  1/4 tsp salt
  •  1 cup all-purpose flour
Toppings
  •  1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  •  3-4 Tbsp milk
  •  1/4 tsp vanilla/almond extract
  •  red & green sprinkles

Instructions

• Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
  • With a mixture, preferably a standing mixture with paddle attachment, cream the butter along with powdered sugar, cornstarch, and vanilla- mix well.
  • Combine salt and flour and then add to the batter, mixing until the dough clumps together.
  • Make balls of dough and place onto parchment/silicone lined baking sheet; flatten the balls with a cut covered in powdered sugar.
  • Place in the oven for 8-12 minutes until just set. Do not over-bake!
  • Whisk the toppings together- powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla/almond extract- add the extra milk 1 tsp at a time to get the right consistency (a little milk goes a long way). Scoop on top of cookies after cooled.
  • While the glaze is still wet, scattered sprinkle onto cookies. Wait for the glaze to harden.
  • Cookies can be stored in container for 5 days.

Recipe yields 20 cookies.

Madison is a nursing major with a drive to make a positive impact on others. As head CC, Madison collaborates with her co-CC to make the IUP chapter fun, welcoming, and creative! Her Campus has opened the door for opportunity and friendship for Madison that she hopes to share with others.