Cassandra Stein-Alumni

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Cassandra Stein:  Successful Alumni Profile

Cassandra Stein graduated from Indiana University of Pennsylvania in Spring 2011 with a dual major in Business Management and Human Resources.  Stein is fulfilling her dreams and uses her time very wisely in what she accomplishes; she is an office manager for a family owned and operated real estate company, an Independent Sales Consultant for Sabika Jewelry, an instructor for a local high school Winterguard and Colorguard program, and a Social Media Coordinator for a non-profit organization.  When she has time, Cassandra loves helping with Animal Rescue.

Although Stein was unable to be a part of any organizations, IUP made it easy for her to earn her degree with a flexible schedule.  She stated, “Many of my professors shared their own college and life experiences to show us that there is no direct path to success, only persistence” for her this was the best advice she received while being a student here.  Her biggest influence in her life is her husband, Adam, because he is her biggest fan and is always encouraging her to meet her goals.

Most of all, Cassandra liked the professors at IUP, “They really go out of their way to answer your questions and to make themselves accessible.  They definitely want to help you succeed!”  She enjoyed her Senior Semester the most in terms of courses because they applied her knowledge to real world case studies and the classes put everything into focus and finalized the pieces of the puzzle to her future.

Her experience with the Eberly School of Business made her feel completely prepared to step into her career.  As an alumni of IUP, Cassandra said, “IUP is one of the 5 schools in the region that holds the top accreditation for a business school, AACSB.  Of those schools IUP has the smallest class sizes and lowest tuition.  I also know I can contact my professors in the future if I ever need advice or assistance.  IUP is not a research school, so professors devote most of their time to helping students instead of working on their own research.”

If she had the opportunity to do it all over again, Cassandra would be more involved in organizations because since she was a commuter and worked full time she was unable to utilize these great options on campus.  Her advice to current students at this University is, “Take advantage of the opportunities and services available to you.  Also, never hesitate to contact your professors for advice.”

Everyone…Meet Cassandra! :)

Hellooo! I am your average teenage girl besides all of the quirkiness and energy I carry along with me :) I am a freshman at IUP and is looking to change my major to business management and exercise science!