This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Indiana, PA is a small town with not much to do, but there are a few places that you may never heard of. They are even affordable for college students! Can’t beat that right? Let’s get into it:

1. Mohawk Lanes: Looking for something to do on a Saturday night? Try out Mohawk Lanes in Indiana! They play great throwback songs, have good food, and have an arcade. From the outside, it looks old, but the inside is decorated with a 70’s vibe. 
  2. Go Bonkers: Indiana Mall is pretty small, and the mall is not too big. My best friend and I discovered this indoor roller skating rink that is the ABSOLUTE CUTEST. It’s neon, glows in the dark, and they play great music! 
  3. Artists Hand Cafe: On Philadelphia Street in Indiana, there are tons of entertainment options. The Artist Hand Cafe is a cute coffee shop that has beautiful art hanging up all around and is decorated super cute! Even though it’s not entertainment per se, if you love cute little coffee shops, this is for you girl!
  4. Philly Street Candle Bar: I have never been here, but it is on my bucket list before I graduate next year! Making candles from scratch is such a great way to unwind, and do something for yourself. This one might be the most expensive, but it is worth it if you love candles!
  5. Reegers Farm: If Fall is your favorite season, you got to check out this pumpkin patch! They have a corn maze, barn animals, a concession stand, pumpkin throwing, TONS of pumpkins of course, and a display to take cute pictures. Who doesn’t love taking cute Fall pictures? 

These are fun activities to do to treat yourself or go with a group of friends. College life can be stressful at times, but it is important to take time for fun!

Emily Beyer is a writer at the Her Campus Chapter at IUP. Beyond Her Campus, Emily works at a local elementary schools after school program and oversees a group of K-2 graders. She has been to many professional development conferences to further her studies in education. Emily is a senior at the Indiana University of Pennsylvania majoring in Early Childhood & Special Education. In her free time, Emily loves to write, shop, watch Grey's Anatomy, and listen to podcasts. Also, she enjoys going to the gym and working out as a distraction from her studies.