5 Things To Do Before September is Over

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

1. Wear your favorite pair of shorts

Fall is right around the corner (fall officially starts the 22nd)!  You can already feel the change in the temperature and the sun is starting to set earlier. Wear a pair of your favorite shorts before it’s too late and your legs are stuck being covered up.

2. Find a body of water

Whether it’s a river, lake or ocean, take a break from your busy school life to relax and enjoy nature before it’s too cold to do so.

3. Make something fun

There isn’t any one thing I mean with the word fun. “Fun” is whatever you see fit, whether it’s making a craft, baking, or even just painting your nails, do something for yourself!

4. Find a new song

You can’t deny that magical feeling when “your jam” comes on, that song that makes you want to get up and dance! Find a new power song to start your fall off right and shake it, girl!

5. Start thinking of a Halloween costume

I’m not saying go out and buy your costume already, just start brainstorming. You know you want to have a spectacular costume this year and October is right around the corner. Before you know it Halloween will be here and you don’t want to be running around trying to think of something “cute, different and creative” the day before (like I did last year).

Jordan Snowden is a recent Summa Cum Laude graduate of Indiana University of Pennsylvania. She majored in Communications Media with a minor in Business Administration. In her spare time, she can most likely be found hula hooping. Hoop dance is a passion of hers and she is president and co-founder of the IUP Hoop Troupe .