5 Songs by Queen You Need to Listen to Immediately

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

I’m sure that most of you have heard about the movie Bohemian Rhapsody that just came out and it is well worth the time spent watching it. It recounts the tale of how Queen came to be, as well as how Freddie’s lifestyle affected those around him. The movie shows how legendary of a man and a band they were, as well as the struggles that they had along the way. I would highly recommend going to see it. The only warning I will give is that you will leave the theater wanting to listen to nothing but Queen songs. With that being said, here are my top 5 song recommendations to start you off with.

(Gif from giphy.com)

1. Bohemian Rhapsody (duh)(Gif from giphy.com)

With this being one of their most iconic songs, it shows the full range that Queen is capable of and it’s always a fun listen.

2. Who Wants to Live Forever

Though this is a more somber song, I think the melody is beautiful and it really shows a different side of Queen.

(Gif from giphy.com)

3. Radio Ga Ga(Gif from giphy.com)

This is just a really fun song to listen to. Enough said.

4. Killer Queen

(Gif from giphy.com)

I have had this song stuck in my head for the past week, so now I need it to be stuck in yours.

5. Hammer To Fall

(Gif from giphy.com)

This may be because I was just listening to this song before I wrote this but I think it’s a really upbeat song to listen to and almost as catchy as “Killer Queen.”

Of course there are so many Queen songs out there that it’s hard to pick just 5. However, these are the 5 that I’ve been enjoying most for the past week. To listen to all of Queen’s work, check them out on Spotify. I doubt you’ll be disappointed.

Gabrielle Bonnar is a current undergrad student at IUP who enjoys writing for HerCampus. She enjoys writing articles as a way to express her opinions and experiences throughout her life. Also, this acts as an outlet for her to write about new interests and ideas that she might not be able to express as well through her other artistic mediums. Being a member of Her Campus has strenghtened her abilities as a writer and she is excited to see where this portfolio of pieces takes her in the future. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter at @typical_guby.