This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Hey Collegiettes! Are you planning an intimate night in for Valentine’s Day but are unsure of what to serve? Well here are a few of our favorite simple recipes that are sure to make an impression on that special someone. Whether you whip it up alone, or the two of you cook together, make it a delicious night to remember. 

4 Recipes 4 Valentine’s Day!

For an Appetizer serve:

Broccoli Salad-6 servings

What You Will Need:

1 bunch fresh broccoli spears

2 ounces Feta Cheese

½ head lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces

½ cup fat free salad dressing

Here’s What You Do:

Combine the above ingredients and serve.

[pagebreak]

For the Main Entrée Serve:

·         Spanish Fish-4 servings

What You’ll Need:

1 pound fish (snapper or redfish)

1 bell pepper, chopped

1 red onion, chopped

1 (14 ½ ounces) can seasoned tomatoes

Here’s What You Do:

Line a shallow pan with foil leaving an ample amount hanging over the edges. Pour 1/3 of the tomatoes onto the foil. Place fish over the tomatoes. Sprinkle the bell pepper abd onion over the fish and loosely close up the foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes per pound or until fish is flaky.

OR

Honey Chicken -6 servings

What You Will Need:

6 (5 ounce) chicken breasts (boneless/skinless)

½ cup honey

1/3 cup lemon juice

¼ cup soy sauce

Here’s what you do:

Combine honey, lemon juice and soy sauce. Brush chicken with half the mixture and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Brush with additional mixture and bake for an additional 35 minutes or until done. Don’t forget to baste frequently!

[pagebreak]

For Dessert Serve:

Gingersnap Baked Pears-4 servings

What You’ll Need:

1 (16 ounce) can unsweetened pear halves, drained

12 low-fat gingersnaps, finely crushed

2 tablespoons sugar

2 table spoons low fat margarine, melted

Here’s What You Do:

Arrange pears, cut side up, in a 9-inch cake pan. Combine remaining ingredients. Spread over pears. Bake at 300 degrees for 20 minutes. Serve Warm.

So there you have it Collegiettes- four yummy options for a cozy Valentine’s Dinner. Enjoy! 

All recipes are courtesy of the ‘4 Ingredient Cook Book’ by Linda Coffee and Linda Kale. 

Photos:

MarthaStewart.com

NutritionistinNYC.com

RochesterNutrition.blogspot.com

Madamnoire.com

Hailing from the City of Brotherly Love and Sisterly Affection, Junene is a current student at Indiana University of PA majoring in Journalism. She has three minors consisting of Communications Media, English: Film Studies track, and Religious Studies.She is the founding President/Editor in Chief of IUP's branch of Hercampus.com, and is the Founder/President of the IUP women's organization That's What She Said. She is also a current member of SPJ, ( Society of Professional Journalists) PRSSA (Public Relations Student Society of America), CSCR (Committee for the Study of Culture and Religion) and Vice President of the Religious Studies Club at IUP. She is the sole undergradate member of IUPs' Library Outreach and Marketing Committee and is a member of the Student Advisory Group. Junene is a first generation college student; her favorite film is The Usual Suspects and her favorite book is And Then There Were None, authored by Agatha Christie.