Style

Three Subtle Ways to Embrace a Little Pink This V-day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

If you’re anything like me, your closet may be suffering from a severe lack of color. Though I make a solid effort to spice up my wardrobe with patterns and color when I can, the heart wants what the heart wants and the heart loves an all-black outfit. As the late Christian Dior once said, “You can wear black at any time. You can wear black at any age. You can wear it for almost any occasion. I could write a book about black.”

Mr. Dior, I could not agree more. However, for this Valentine’s Day, I have decided to push myself forcefully into the world of pink.

This is my first Valentine’s Day that I will be spending with an actual real-life boyfriend and I want to fully embrace all of the extra-ness the holiday has to offer, starting with my outfit. This can be difficult when your closet contains approximately 87 black sweaters and a one measly pink shirt. However, I’ve been researching trendy and subtle ways to incorporate a little bit of color on the opposite end of the spectrum.

1. Pink Eyeliner

Bold, messy eyeliner in bright and shocking colors has been a big trend on a lot of runways this season. A swipe of electric pink eyeliner paired with minimal makeup is a fun and unexpected way to spice up your look for Valentine’s Day.

2. Statement Earrings

Another trend that I’ve been loving is big, statement earrings. In my opinion, this look works best when the color of the earrings contrasts with the colors in the rest of your outfit. This makes the idea of fun pink earrings an even more appealing option for me, because it’s safe to say pink and black are pretty contrasting! I love this funky pair from Nordstrom’s!

1. A Fresh Paint Job

Nothing makes me feel more put together than freshly painted nails. An easy and cheap way to put some pink in your life is with a new coat of paint.