Sorority Series: Theta Phi Alpha

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.
Theta Phi Alpha is the newest NPC chapter to become a part of Greek Life at IU! Read the story about their return at http://www.hercampus.com/school/iu/sorority-profile-return-theta-phi-alpha

Official Name: Theta Phi Alpha

Nickname: Theta Phi, TPA
Founded: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 1912
Motto: “Nothing great is ever achieved without much enduring.” -St. Catherine of Siena

Colors:

Silver, gold, and blue
Symbols: Pearls, sapphires, the compass 
Flower: White rose
Philanthropy: The Theta Phi Alpha Foundation: The House That Theta Phi Alpha Built, Glenmary Lay Missioners
Famous Theta Phi Alphas: Eileen Stevens, Loretta Young, Candy Lightner
A day in the life of a Theta Phi Alpha: After talking to a few of my sisters, we came to the conclusion that our days as Theta Phi Alphas are the almost the same as they were before we were Theta Phi Alphas, but now we get to share our time with each other, learn from one another, and work together to better the sorority. Those things make my days so much more meaningful.

Why I’m proud of my letters: I know when I wear my letters that I am representing not only all of my sisters, but also the values of Theta Phi Alpha. When I say our creed, which explains our symbols’ meanings, I remember why I am proud to be a Theta Phi. I think girls in all sororities should be proud to show their letters because of the values behind them and the sisterhood they represent.
Courtney Kabbes is a junior at Indiana University. She is majoring in journalism with a concentration in apparel merchandising. When she's not busy updating Her Campus IU and promoting their site, she works as the Vice President of Social Media for the Retail Studies Organization and Ed2010 at Indiana. Some of her favorite things include shopping, mint chocolate chip ice cream, New York City, Bikram yoga, and spending time with her two favorite people: her mother and sister. Did we forget to mention her slight obsession with Pinterest? www.pinterest.com/ckabbes