Single Girl Swag: B-Town Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

Okay, so we all know that the ever so dreaded holiday is coming up for those of us who are fabulous enough to not be in relationships.  Instead of sitting at home watching Lifetime movies and drowning your sorrows with a cup of Ben and Jerry’s, take a look around and see what B-Town has to offer.  You never know, you might end scoring your V-Day romance.

Here are some options for this Tuesday night.

1. Umm, duh, this one should be a given.  For those of you who are 21 and up (or those of you who have a little piece of plastic that says you are) there’s no better place to go than Kilroy’s.  Budget tight?  No problem.  $2 holla is the place for you.  There are sure to be plenty of single guys out looking to mingle.  Who says you need an expensive dinner to satisfy your needs on V-Day?  $2 shots seem to do the trick for me.
  2. Hit up Qdoba. No, seriously.  
    This Valentine’s Day, if you give someone in the store a kiss you receive a buy-one-get-one free entrée.  Be it your mother, your soon to be man, or your BFF, there’s nothing like a kiss to seal the deal and earn a free meal.   
  3. Make it a girl’s night.  Valentine’sDay is not just about celebrating a relationship with your man.  Why not celebrate the great relationship you have with your girlfriends?  Make sure to pamper yourselves by going to get mani/pedis or doing them yourself.  Run to Target and grab some cheap facial masks to bring out that single girl glow.
  4. Check out deals around Bloom.  If you’re a sushi lover, Ami (located on third street) offers 30 percent off on sushi every Tuesday.  Mother Bear’s is offering heart shaped pizzas.  Heck, if you want- rip it in half.  Better to tear a pizza rather than the real thing.
  5. If all else fails, throw your own Valentine’s Day party.  You’re not the only single one of your friends, I’m sure.  Gather up your group and celebrate.  Play spin the (Karkov) bottle and make some pink panty dropper punch.  The combination of great friends and a few drinks is sure to end in a good time.

Whatever you choose to do, make sure you don’t let this Valentine’s Day just slip away.  You’re young, you’re single, and you’re fabulous.  After all, there is only one V-Day 2012 and there’s no way to ever get it back.  Make this one count.

Rachel Kaplan is currently a Junior at Indiana University. She is an active writer and Campus Correspondent for the IU Chapter of Her Campus. Rachel is majoring in Journalism with a double minor in Art History and Studio Art. While originally from Philadelphia, she hopes to move to New York City after graduation and pursue a career in Public Relations. Often found in Starbucks, Rachel loves to sip on her iced coffee while she writes, edits, and brainstorms articles for HCIU. Rachel is a proud sister of Alpha Epsilon Phi and is looking forward to living in the Phi house next year. She loves tennis, writing, OPI nail polish, the Hoosiers, gummy bears, and spending time with her family and friends.Follow Rachel on twitter: @_rachelkaplan & @HerCampusIU