Notable Women: Five Badass Babes With Kick-ass Qualities

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

Every girl in the world idolizes somebody. Whether it’s a movie star, a singer, a political figure, or even an athlete; we ALL look up to someone. Here are HCIU’s top five BAB’s (bad ass babes) that have shown important qualities in the past and present.

1. Audrey Hepburn

BAB #1 is one classy chick. Other than adorning almost every wall of college girls’ dorms across the country, she is also present in the film industry. Here are a few films that she starred in: Roman Holiday, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, My Fair Lady and Funny Face. Other than being seen onscreen, she is also seen as a fashion icon. We remember her for her LBD (little black dress), which she made famous. With her neck full of pearls and impeccable fashion sense, she will never go out of style.

How to channel your inner Audrey: Throw on a big pair of sunglasses, black jeans and a leather jacket, a modern twist on Audrey’s LBD.
“I never think of myself as an icon. What is in other people’s minds is not in my mind. I just do my thing.”?? – Audrey Hepburn

2. Eliza Thornberry

BAB #2 is one smart girl. We all remember Eliza Thornberry as the wacky, carefree, nature loving kid who we tuned into Nickelodeon to watch. With her comvee, and crazy dad (Nigel) her extensive zoological knowledge never ceased to amaze us. She was never afraid of sharing her information and enlightening others. And let’s not forget her secret ability to talk to animals.

Channel your inner Eliza: Instead of wearing contacts, rock your glasses. Sport a fishtail braid to change up your hairstyle and pay homage to Eliza’s pippi-longstocking ‘do.
“This is me, Eliza Thornberry, part of your average family” – Eliza Thornberry

3. Princess Diana

BAB #3 is a philanthropic phenomenon. Many know her as Charles’ late wife, but they should know her as so much more. Along with her royal duties, Princess Diana did many charitable things. She was very interested and involved in health-related matters such as AIDS. She shook AIDS infected people’s hands when the majority thought they were contagious. Princess Diana supported many charities, foundations and causes. Princess Diana was kind, caring and loving.

Channel you inner Princess: Throw on a floppy hat just for the hell of it. Princess Di was notable for bringing a new flair to the old fashioned hats.
“The worst illness of our time is that so many people have to suffer from never being loved.”- Princess Diana

4. Marilyn Monroe

BAB #4 is a glamorous goddess. We all know Marilyn Monroe as a, if not the biggest, sex symbol. We also remember Ms. Monroe for her movies. And let’s not forget one of her most memorable moments: her seductive “Happy Birthday Mr. President” sung to John F. Kennedy for his 45th birthday. Although Marilyn died too young, we will always know her as the blonde bombshell.

Channel your inner Marilyn: slap on red lipstick, put an extra coat of mascara on, and strut your hot ass to class.
 “If you’re gonna be two-faced at least make one of them pretty.” –Marilyn Monroe

5. Kristen Wiig

BAB #5 is a funny lady. We all know the many faces of Ms. Wiig, moonlighted on SNL: Gilly, The Target Lady, Aunt Linda and her impeccable impression of Kathy Lee Gifford. And let’s not forget her hilarious role in the comedy Bridesmaids. She is not afraid to sacrifice looking good for a joke or being a woman in comedy
(typically a male dominated profession.) Kristen, we commend you.

Channel your inner Kristen:  If you want to wear something unusual that you’ve been dying to break out, go for it! People will admire you for daring to be different.
“Ten years from now, I want to look back and have a body of work that I’m really proud of. And I want to have a body… like Gisele. A really amazing body.” –Kristen Wiig

Courtney Kabbes is a junior at Indiana University. She is majoring in journalism with a concentration in apparel merchandising. When she's not busy updating Her Campus IU and promoting their site, she works as the Vice President of Social Media for the Retail Studies Organization and Ed2010 at Indiana. Some of her favorite things include shopping, mint chocolate chip ice cream, New York City, Bikram yoga, and spending time with her two favorite people: her mother and sister. Did we forget to mention her slight obsession with Pinterest? www.pinterest.com/ckabbes