Look Like a 10: At the Gym

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

Let’s face it. You can’t skip out on your work out routine. Exercising is one of the best stress relievers for college students. But, sometimes the SRSC can seem like more of a social scene from your favorite house party or bar. There are constantly tons of hot, sweaty guys everywhere, and it can be intimidating. What girl wants to mingle with in-shape studs when you look like you’ve just stepped out of the desert with your makeup running down your face? Not a Her Campus collegiette, that’s for sure.

No fear ladies- we’ve got some tricks and pointers to make sure you look like you’ve just stepped into a Nike advertisement every time you hit the HPER or SRSC.

• First things first, wear something you feel good in! When you have cute work out clothes, you are more inclined to actually hit the gym. Bright colored tennis shoes are a great place to start
  • Don’t forget your water bottle. Keep hydrated! Grab a chic bottle from Victoria’s Secret, TIS or a Camelback. Your gym experience can be a disaster without.
  • Wear an oil-free foundation. This one is a must! It prevents breakouts when your face gets sweaty.
  • Wear the best bra for your body. There is nothing worse than getting starting your workout and not feeling exactly, umm, in place.
  • Lastly, the most important thing you can bring to the gym is your confidence. Don’t fret too much if you don’t exactly feel your hottest. After all, you are the gym.

Hitting your exercise routine will make you feel better about yourself and relieve stress over school work. Keep hydrated and have fun. You’ll leave your work out with a great glow instead of drenched clothes. You don’t have to sacrifice your work out to look hot. Have fun, and work it out, baby!

Courtney Kabbes is a junior at Indiana University. She is majoring in journalism with a concentration in apparel merchandising. When she's not busy updating Her Campus IU and promoting their site, she works as the Vice President of Social Media for the Retail Studies Organization and Ed2010 at Indiana. Some of her favorite things include shopping, mint chocolate chip ice cream, New York City, Bikram yoga, and spending time with her two favorite people: her mother and sister. Did we forget to mention her slight obsession with Pinterest? www.pinterest.com/ckabbes