This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

Campus Celebrity: IU Ultimate Frisbee

Team Names: HoosierMama?s, HoosierDadd!es
Team Captain: Mark “Bango” Mastrangelo

Whether they’re tossing back shots, or throwing Frisbees, the IU Ultimate Frisbee team knows how to have a good time. You can find these cuties throwing discs on Range Rd (past the bypass), or at Jordan field right behind frat row. These guys work hard, and it pays off. The farthest they have gone since Captain Mark “Bango” Mastrangelo has been on the team is Regionals. In 2007, the team went to Nationals. They compete once or twice a week and practice three times a week.

HCIU: What’s your favorite part about the team?
Mark: “Everything we do for each other. It’s a community-based sport.”
He studied in Barcelona and played Ultimate there, and he became friends with a ton of people through that. All his best friends and roommates are on the team. They even take crazy spring break trips together!

Nicknames of Team Members: Slampig, Pretty Bitch, Scoreboard, Sugar & Spice

https://www.facebook.com/HoosierMamas

Rachel Kaplan is currently a Junior at Indiana University. She is an active writer and Campus Correspondent for the IU Chapter of Her Campus. Rachel is majoring in Journalism with a double minor in Art History and Studio Art. While originally from Philadelphia, she hopes to move to New York City after graduation and pursue a career in Public Relations. Often found in Starbucks, Rachel loves to sip on her iced coffee while she writes, edits, and brainstorms articles for HCIU. Rachel is a proud sister of Alpha Epsilon Phi and is looking forward to living in the Phi house next year. She loves tennis, writing, OPI nail polish, the Hoosiers, gummy bears, and spending time with her family and friends.Follow Rachel on twitter: @_rachelkaplan & @HerCampusIU