IU Campus Cutie: Jonathan Norton

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

Name: Jonathan Norton

Hometown: Barrington, Illinois
Majors: Finance and Business Economic and Public Policy
Year: Junior
Relationship Status: Single
Dream Job: I would love to own my own business and do something I love.
Movie: Billy Madison, It’s a Wonderful Life, Dumb and Dumber
Band: The Beatles
Book: Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
TV Show: Spongebob Squarepants & Man vs. Food
Color: Blue

HCIU: What is your position on the Rugby team?
Jonathan: Flanker.  It’s like linebacker in football.  You’re outside of the scrum and your job is to tackle the guy with the ball.

HCIU: What’s your favorite IU memory? 
Jonathan: My first Little 500 Bike Race.  It was such a nice day I actually got sun burnt. The stands were full and there was just so much school spirit.  

HCIU: Who is your favorite sports team?
Jonathan: The Chicago Cubs and other Chicago sports teams.  But the Cubs are the only team I can just be happy to watch each season whether they are good or bad.

HCIU: How would you describe your personal style?
Jonathan: Clean cut.  I like to dress nice.

HCIU: What is your favorite food?
Jonathan: Peanut butter and banana sandwich.  I love peanut butter, I love bananas and I love when they come together in a sandwich.

HCIU: What is your favorite Bloomington restaurant?
Jonathan: I love Uptown Café.  Their breakfast potatoes are really good.

HCIU: Where is your favorite date spot in Bloomington?
Jonathan: I love the house-style restaurants on 4th Street.  They’re cute, but not overcrowded.

HCIU: Where can you typically be found on the weekend?
Jonathan: On Friday nights you can usually find me at Sports because it’s only a block away. On Saturday, I really like watching Saturday Night Live because it’s a funny show.

HCIU: What type of girls are you attracted to?
Jonathan: Overall, I like nice girls who have a good sense of humor and are smart. I really like it when girls are confident in a way where they stick to their values regardless of what’s popular or what someone else says they should do.  

HCIU: Who’s your dream girl?
Jonathan: Taylor Swift, Rachael McAdams and Emma Watson. I also like Paula Deen because she’s got that accent and I love watching her make food on the Food Network.

HCIU: What’s the most romantic thing you have ever done for a girl?
Jonathan: When I was in preschool there was a girl I liked and she liked me so my dad took us to Chuck E. Cheese’s for a date.  At the end of the night, I walked her to her door.  I also painted her a picture and gave it to her in class.

Alyssa Goldman is a junior at Indiana University majoring in journalism and gender studies. Alyssa aspires to be an editor at a women’s magazine writing about women’s issues and feminism. Alyssa has served as city & state editor and special publications editor for the Indiana Daily Student, IU’s award-winning student newspaper. She has also interned at Chicago Parent magazine, the IU Office of University Communications and Today’s Chicago Woman magazine. Currently, she is interning at Bloom, a city magazine in Bloomington, Ind., and loves being a Campus Correspondent for HC! In her spare time, Alyssa enjoys watching The Bad Girls Club, The Jersey Shore and The Real Housewives (of any city); listening to Lady Gaga; drinking decaf skinny vanilla soy lattes from Starbucks; reading magazines; and shopping and eating with her girls on IU’s infamous Kirkwood Avenue.