Indianapolis Super Bowl Village: The Fray Found Their Heartbeat

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

IU students ventured onto the B-Town shuttle to the airport; endured 25 painful minutes sitting next to Purdue students on the Green Line bus downtown, to finally arrive in the city of Indianapolis. While Indianapolis is hardly Chicago and quite frankly, incomparable to New York, 
this past weekend Indy had something to offer that even Times Square couldn’t get their hands on: The Fray.

Okay, so maybe the Super Bowl is kiiinnnd of a big deal, but the real hidden gem of the weekend was lead singer Isaac Slade and his band, The Fray’s, performance at the Super Bowl Village. Hundreds of people stormed the sand-filled dome, after the Celebrity Beach Blast, to stand and watch The Fray make a huge comeback.

Before attending the concert, many deemed The Fray as a has-been band that’s only contribution to Super Bowl weekend was to kill time before the O.A.R. concert. Well, those who actually attended the concert know that this was most certainly not the case.

The Fray brought the audience alive with a mix of old and new songs. They added an incredible addition the set with their latest song “Heartbeat”, that left the audience begging for some more new material.

Lead singer Slade owned the crowd with his extreme talent and quick wit. Everyone enjoyed his clever dedication of The Fray’s famous song “Never Say Never” to Justin Bieber, and went wild as he entered the audience.

Indy heard it first – The Fray is back. Now, the only question is: how long will their heartbeat last this time?

Check it out for yourself: FULL INDIANAPOLIS CONCERT HERE – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmVvGsOIol4

Rachel Kaplan is currently a Junior at Indiana University. She is an active writer and Campus Correspondent for the IU Chapter of Her Campus. Rachel is majoring in Journalism with a double minor in Art History and Studio Art. While originally from Philadelphia, she hopes to move to New York City after graduation and pursue a career in Public Relations. Often found in Starbucks, Rachel loves to sip on her iced coffee while she writes, edits, and brainstorms articles for HCIU. Rachel is a proud sister of Alpha Epsilon Phi and is looking forward to living in the Phi house next year. She loves tennis, writing, OPI nail polish, the Hoosiers, gummy bears, and spending time with her family and friends.Follow Rachel on twitter: @_rachelkaplan & @HerCampusIU