Campus Cutie: Matt Goodman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

Name:Matt Goodman
Age:20
Grade:Sophomore
Major:Finance and International Business
Greek Affiliation:Sigma Phi Epsilon

HCIU: What are you involved in at IU?
Matt: I’m in Sigma Phi Epsilon, and I’m the vice president of programming. I’m a member of CASL: Council for Advancing Student Leadership. Also, one of my fraternity brothers is running on The Big Ten Ticket for IUSA, and I’m helping him with his campaign.

HCIU: Why do you like best about being in a fraternity?
Matt: There’s always something to do in the house. You can never be bored there.

HCIU: Why did you decide to come to IU?
Matt: My family is a big IU family, and the business school is great here. Also, my dad went here and is a huge IU fan. When my older sister and I were younger, he used to tell us that if we said Purdue more than six times, our tongues would fall out. I was always too scared so I said it four or five times, and then my sister said it more than six times, but her tongue didn’t fall out.

HCIU: What do you like to do in your free time?
Matt: Watching movies and I like to read. I’m kind of nerdy, I guess.

HCIU: What is your favorite memory of college so far?
Matt: Our ski trip with the house last year. It was good to bond with the brothers, and we went with a sorority so I got to meet new people, too. It was also my first time skiing.

HCIU: What relationship advice do you have?
Matt: Always be honest with the person you’re with. If you lie, it’ll end up catching up with you.

HCIU: What is your future plans here at IU and also after graduation?
Matt: I want to study abroad in Milan, and then after graduation I want to work for the state department, and eventually end up working and living in Florence, Italy.

HCIU: If you could describe yourself in one word, what would it be and why?
Matt: Balanced. I’m involved in a lot in and outside of school, and I give a good amount of time to do everything I do. I’m pretty committed, and I also think I have a good sense of humor, which helps.

Alyssa Goldman is a junior at Indiana University majoring in journalism and gender studies. Alyssa aspires to be an editor at a women’s magazine writing about women’s issues and feminism. Alyssa has served as city & state editor and special publications editor for the Indiana Daily Student, IU’s award-winning student newspaper. She has also interned at Chicago Parent magazine, the IU Office of University Communications and Today’s Chicago Woman magazine. Currently, she is interning at Bloom, a city magazine in Bloomington, Ind., and loves being a Campus Correspondent for HC! In her spare time, Alyssa enjoys watching The Bad Girls Club, The Jersey Shore and The Real Housewives (of any city); listening to Lady Gaga; drinking decaf skinny vanilla soy lattes from Starbucks; reading magazines; and shopping and eating with her girls on IU’s infamous Kirkwood Avenue.