Bloomington’s Barn of Terror

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

If you are looking to get spooked right here in Bloomington, look no further! The Barn of Terror is a local “haunted barn” located right outside campus ready to scare even the most fearless since 2008.

After winding around several dark corners, those who are brave enough to face the Barn of Terror are greeted by several masked characters. As soon as you walk inside, classic and not so traditional images of Halloween are plastered all over the walls. And in case you need some fuel before your scaring, there is a snack bar with many different kinds of food and drinks for sale!

You can even write your name on the victim wall after you finish the fright of your life in the Barn of Terror. “I went with girls in my sorority for a sisterhood activity and I was really scared even while we were pulling into the parking lot,” said Natalie Liff. “We split up into small groups and met each other at the end and needless to say we were all a bit paler than when we went in.”

The Barn of Terror is located at 8792 N. Old State Road 37 right here in Bloomington. It is open every Friday and Saturday in October from 8pm-12am. It is also open on Halloween night from 8pm-10pm. For more information, please www.barnofterror.net. Follow them on Facebook and Twitter too at @BarnOfTerror.

Rachel Kaplan is currently a Junior at Indiana University. She is an active writer and Campus Correspondent for the IU Chapter of Her Campus. Rachel is majoring in Journalism with a double minor in Art History and Studio Art. While originally from Philadelphia, she hopes to move to New York City after graduation and pursue a career in Public Relations. Often found in Starbucks, Rachel loves to sip on her iced coffee while she writes, edits, and brainstorms articles for HCIU. Rachel is a proud sister of Alpha Epsilon Phi and is looking forward to living in the Phi house next year. She loves tennis, writing, OPI nail polish, the Hoosiers, gummy bears, and spending time with her family and friends.Follow Rachel on twitter: @_rachelkaplan & @HerCampusIU