Alex Giesick

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

While you’ll probably spot senior, Alex Giesick every Tuesday and Thursday lettin’ loose at Roys… don’t be fooled. This blonde, blue-eyed SPEA major is more than a party boy. Affectionately called “Geese,” Alex loves kids, makes a mean breakfast burrito, and is always there when his buddies are in a pinch. 

Name: Alexander James Giesick
Nickname: Giesick, Goose Egg, Goose, Geese
Year: Senior
Major: SPEA Management

Hometown: Chesterton, Indiana
IU involvement: All intramural sports- soccer, kickball, whiffleball, softball.
Relationship Status: Single!

What’s your favorite B-town hangout? On campus… Teter Nest and off campus… House Bar.

What are you looking for in a girl?  Someone with a good personality, who enjoys a good laugh, and is down to earth.  Also, she must be shorter than I am.

What’s your best pick up strategy?
 Uhhhh some sort of sweet pick up line like, “If you were print on a page, you’d be some fiiiine print.”

Favorite drink? Irish Car Bomb because it gives you the best value for your money.  You’ve got to be fiscally responsible.

What’s the best job you’ve ever had? I worked at the park department and I got to throw dodgeballs at little kids, tie-dye and have weenie roasts. I got paid below minimum wage and it’s still my favorite job. 

What are your plans for after graduation? I’m playing it by ear.  Hoping someone comes and offers me a job where I don’t have to do anything and I get paid a lot of money. 

Molly Johnson is a junior studying journalism and political science at Indiana University. She is originally from a small town in Northwest Indiana, though traveling is one of her passions. She has studied abroad in Dublin, Ireland and Seoul, South Korea- both of which were life-changing experiences. Molly loves to read and write, and has been a reporter and desk editor at the Indiana Daily Student, IU's award-winning student newspaper, for three years. Currently she is interning at Bloom, a city magazine in Bloomington, IN. Molly plans to go on to graduate school and then pursue a career as a writer. She hopes, one day, to write a book.