5 Things You Need When You’re Sick at College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

Cold weather is quickly approaching, bringing along colds and flu season with it.  Nothing is worse than a running nose or a disagreeable stomach, especially when you aren’t at home to have your mom tend to your every need.  Here are five things you need to make yourself feel better when you’re sick at college:

1. Movies 

Whether it’s Netflix, a good DVD, or a season of your favorite show, a good laugh can always make you feel better.  If you don’t have Netflix or DVDs, Indiana University dorm libraries are filled with the best movies to rent out.

2. Blankets and Sweats

There is nothing better than putting on your best sweats and cuddling up under warm, fuzzy blankets when you aren’t feeling well.  It is nice to relax and be as comfortable as possible in your home sweet dorm.

3. A Good Book/Magazine

While you are all cuddled up in your warm blankets, dive into a top-seller. If you aren’t into Fifty Shades of Grey, grab the new issue of Teen Vouge or Seventeen. This will help to take your mind off your terrible cold and instead indulge in an interesting storyline or some new fall fashions.   

4. Sick food

Make sure to grab some saltines and soup from the delicious restaurants on Kirkwood or even from the nearest cafeteria.  It may not taste like your mom’s cooking, but it will do the trick.

5. Friends

Even when you’re sick, your friends can still brighten your mood.  Watch a movie with them and eat your sick food with them…even just having them around can make you feel better and making being sick at college way less miserable.

Be sure to head back to the homepage for all the latest content or connect with us via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram!

Rep Image

I am a freshman at the University of Indiana. I love talking about fashion, beauty, relationships, and food!