5 Things to Do if You’re Single on Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

For most single women, Valentine’s Day acts as the perfect excuse to put on a sappy rom-com and devour an entire bag of Dove chocolates, while cutting yourself off from all human interaction. This year, however, I encourage all of the single gals out there to go out and embrace your solo status. HCIU compiled a list of five things to do if you’re single on Valentine’s Day.

Have a “Gal”-entine’s Day. Started by the iconic Leslie Knope, Galentine’s Day is just like Valentine’s Day, but for strictly the single women. Grab your girlfriends, throw on a cute dress, and head out to a nice dinner! Who needs a guy when you have your girlfriends anyway?

Pamper Yourself. Book an appointment for a facial at the spa or have a DIY mani-pedi day at home. Pampering yourself will make you feel fresh and nourished. You deserve to feel and look amazing!

Throw a Themed Party. These are always a hit with the masses. Invite all your friends to dress in pink and head over to your place for a night of empowering girly jams, homemade pink cocktails, and heart-shaped balloons. Be sure to snap a few pictures to post on social media!

Make Valentine’s Day Cards, Elementary School Style. My all-time favorite Valentine’s Days were the days of elementary school when boys didn’t matter and all you did were give and receive homemade Valentine’s Day cards. So who says that tradition has to stay in the past? Grab a couple markers, glitter, construction paper, and your favorite type of candy and make some homemade Valentine’s Day cards! Give them to family, friends, and the cute boy down the hall!

Create a Valentine’s Day-Themed Photo Shoot. This is a perfect excuse to post a super cute selfie on Instagram for everyone to admire. Find a red or pink sheet, streamers, twinkle lights, a few props, confetti and create an adorable backdrop for your photo. Lastly, find a few girlfriends to take your photos. Set your camera on a timer to get a couple of candid group shots, too!

*Title Image Source