Campus Cutie: Sam Bevan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.

Name: Sam Bevan

Year: Junior

Major: Computer Science

Hometown: Wayne, Pennsylvania

On-Campus Activities: Varsity men’s basketball, SAAC (Student Athlete Advisory Committee), Ithaca Leadership Academy

Relationship Status: Taken

Instagram: @sam_bevan_5

What do you see yourself doing with computer science?:

Not sure yet, but my favorite Computer Science course at Ithaca thus far has been web design, so I’d like to do something with website development if that is a possibility.”

How long have you played basketball?:

“I started playing when I was seven years old.”

What is your favorite part about playing basketball for Ithaca?:

:The relationship that I’ve built with my teammates. Off the court I live with all current or former basketball players and they are also my closest friends at Ithaca.”

How long have you and your girlfriend been dating?:

“It will be two years on May 4th.”

Where did you take your girlfriend on your first date?:

“Kendall Day (laughs). But first official date I believe was The Ale House.”

Favorite restaurant in Ithaca?:

“Mahogany Grill.”

Favorite place to go on a date?:

“Any of the restaurants downtown like The Ale House, Mahogany Grill or The Boatyard Grill. But during the summer when I’m not in Ithaca, definitely just going to the beach for a day.”

If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?:

“A kangaroo. They get to live in beautiful Australia and everybody loves kangaroos.”

What is one thing you wish girls would stop doing?:

“Posting countless numbers of selfies on Instagram.”

Celebrity crush?:

“Jennifer Aniston.”

Elizabeth is an avid Panera eater/dog lover from Middletown, New Jersey. She has never pumped gas a day in her life and plans to keep it that way. She is currently pursuing a major in Integrated Marketing Communications, but only until Mark McMorris realizes that she's his soulmate. You can follow her on Twitter and Instagram at @lizzygulino