Campus Cutie: Chris Farrell

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.

Name: Chris Farrell

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Ridgefield Park, New Jersey

Major: BFA in Acting

Minor: English

Relationship Status: Single

Role in As You Like It:

“Amiens, a Lord with Duke Senior, and I provide music for the show as well.”

Hobbies:

“Music- I play the piano, drums, guitar, ukulele, mandolin, recorder; I also write music as well as other things and am a huge sports fan.”

When did you get into theater?

In elementary school was my first experience, but I realized this was something I wanted to do in 10th grade when I was in Ken Kesey’s One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest.”

Do you have a dream role?

“I’d love to be Tom in the Glass Menagerie.”

What is a Shakespeare play you’d like to be in?

Two Gentlemen of Verona would be a great one to act in. It’s also the one I like the most.”

What is your dream career?

“I’d love to start my own theatre company in Chicago.”

Best place for a first date?

“I think that any of the restaurants in the commons would be great. They each have a great environment; you can’t go wrong with any of them.”

What are you currently watching on Netflix?

The West Wing. I am a huge Aaron Sorkin fan.”

Coffee or Tea?

“Coffee with half and half and two sugars. I like Dunkin over Starbucks for coffee as well.”

Ties or Bowties?

“Ties.”

Favorite place to get takeout from?

“Casabalanca’s Pizza.”

What house do you identify most with from Harry Potter?

“I think I’m a mix of Ravenclaw and Gryffindor, but I’m more Ravenclaw.”

Would you ever get a tattoo?

“I don’t think so. I considered it but I don’t have a symbol or a quote that’s meaningful enough to me.”

Last movie you watched?

Foxcatcher.” 

Why did you choose Ithaca?

“I knew about their theatre program and had friends from high school who went here. I also wanted to go somewhere that would push me out of my comfort zone and Ithaca was that.”

As You Like It has a preview date on Tuesday, September 29th, opens Thursday, October 1st and closes Saturday, October 10th. Tickets are on sale now! Box Office hours are Monday-Thursday 12:00pm-5:00 p.m. and Friday 12:00pm-4:00 p.m. You can also purchase tickets by calling the box office at 607-274-3224, by e-mailing boxoffice@ithaca.edu or online at Ithaca.ticketforce.com

A girl hooked on phonics.