This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.

It’s October, and we all know what that means…Halloween! With midterms not too far behind us and the after-fall-break-slump that we’re all in, it can be hard (and expensive) to find the time to go out and buy or make a Halloween costume. But fear not! We’ve got five fast and easy costume ideas for you.

1. Lumberjack 

This is probably the easiest costume of them all. Wear your favorite flannel with a vest and a pair of jeans and boots. Tims, Bean Boots or even combat boots will work! Put your hair up in two braids and finish off your look with a beanie. Not only will this costume keep you warm, but you’ll look cute too!

2. Kim Possible

There’s no denying you wanted to be her when you were in elementary school, so now’s your chance! Wear army or olive green pants with a brown belt, a black long sleeve top and combat boots or converse. Last, add on some black gloves and wear your hair straightened and down. 

3. Rosie the Riveter

Calling all feminists and denim-on-denim enthusiasts! Pair a chambray top with jeans and any shoes of your choosing. Last, but not least, tie a red bandana on your head with a bun or high pony and swipe on some red lipstick. If you’re feeling adventurous, learn how to get Rosie’s retro do here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbEwxFLTQMQ

4. Clueless

It’s time for your inner 90s kid to shine! Throw a sweater or cropped cardigan over a tank or crop top, with a plaid mini-skirt or high-waisted denim skirt. Next, pair some over-the-knee socks with your favorite heels or ankle boots. Last, (channeling your inner Blair Waldorf) grab your favorite headband and throw on some killer jewelry. 

5. Hippie

This should be an easy costume to create due to the recent revival of boho fashion. Key elements are fringe and patterns. While there are dozens of possibilities, here are two: flare jeans, tie-dyed shirt/flowy top and moccasins, or a cool Aztec/floral printed dress with ankle boots. Accessorize with a head wrap, scarf or flower crown. For your hair, lots of waves and braids! Learn how to achieve the ultimate hippie hairstyles here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRIU6AeyC3I

Image Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5