yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
Style > Decor

5 Ideas For Decorating Your Dorm This Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.

It’s Spooky Szn and you’re not the only one who deserves a KILLER makeover this Halloween, so does your dorm! So I have made a little list of 5 ideas to get your room in the holiday mood. 

Raise the Bar

Now, I am not talking about getting a huge competition with your next door neighbor over whose cobwebs look better, but actually thinking high. Hanging adorable jack-o-lanterns..lanterns and lights creates this spooky, but cozy atmosphere.

Less Is More

Never underestimate the power of welcome mats! These cute add ons are so funny and obviously welcoming that screams Halloween. 

Go Scary

I don’t know about you, but I absolutely hate spiders! Getting some of these (fake) creepy-crawlies to stick on your door is a great scare for your friends and give them the heebie-jeebies.

Tape It Up

One thing about Halloween- you can never go wrong with some caution tape! 

Become a DIY Witch

Don’t have the money to spare on decorations? No worries, you can still join in on the festivities by creating your own fun. With just some string, glue, scissors, googly eyes, and paper- you too can unleash your inner goth child.

Caleigh is currently a first year Exploratory Major who loves ice cream, activism, discussing everything and anything Rihanna, and believes that she was born in the wrong style era (The 90s absolutely SLAYED). She is passionate, creative, reflective and excited to write for HerCampus!
Allaire is an inquisitive and confident lady who loves to watch reruns of her favorite shows (Bones anyone?) and enjoy the finer things in life like sand in between her toes, the sun on her skin and chocolate ice cream. Allaire is a senior Sociology major and Women and Gender Studies minor with aspirations to be a human rights lawyer and a songwriter. She is passionate about music, traveling and social justice.