5 Girls That You See at the Gym

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.

Okay, if you’ve been to a gym, you’re going to know exactly the girls that I am describing. Take note not be like girls 1-4!

1. The “LOOK AT ME”

This girl looks like she’s going a mile a minute on the elliptical. Upon further notice, you realize that she has zero resistance or incline and you can’t help but laugh. My grandmother can do it on that setting. If you actually want a workout, please make it actually resist you. Along with the fact that serious injuries can happen when you do this!

2. The Gabbers

Some girls come to the gym as a means to chat about the weekend. That’s fine, whatever gets you to the gym. But please don’t use the machines as a thinly plushed seat. I want to get in and get out.

3. Music Overload

I have zero desire to hear your music. Or the bizarre TLC show you’re watching about the Amish or crazy coupon ladies. Chances are, your excessive volume is just creating a weird mash-up for everyone else trying to listen to their music.

Note: I do commiserate with you who take your free IC gym membership to skimp on cable. Most of my gym times are centered around when the Red Sox are playing. Whatever, gets you to the gym, ladies!

4. The Flirt

I absolutely agree. There are plenty of hunks at the gym. No I’m not oblivious. Chances are they are pretty centered on their workouts. As we all know, guys can only focus on one thing at a time. According to one of my guy friends, “It’s great if a girl wants to work out or whatever. But I go to the gym to get stuff done. It’s usually more of a bro-out fest anyways.” Lesson learned: contain the ‘oh-my-god you can lift sooooooo much” squeals.

5. The Hard Worker

This girl works her well-toned butt off. You see her bopping from a cycle on the bike to the mat for some crunches to a little bit of lifting. Befriend this girl! She can be the motivation you need!

Warning: Don’t confuse the hard worker with the over-worked girl that could really use a healthy serving of Bandwagon fries (guilty pleasure!). Make sure that you eat and drink enough to help your body perform!

Hailing from a horse farm in northern Massachusetts, I'm a junior at Ithaca majoring in integrated marketing communication and minoring in legal studies, sports studies and communication management and design. In my spare time, I like to do anything active - run, do yoga, ride horses, hike, you name it!
Hi HC readers!! My name is Carly and I am the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Ithaca College. I am currently majoring in Integrated Marketing Communications and minoring in Communication Management and Design and the Honors Program.  When I am not focusing on my studies or Her Campus, I enjoy singing, shopping, and watching reality television shows. I love writing and I am glad I am able to express my thoughts through Her Campus Ithaca. If you go to Ithaca and would love to get involved in writing for or promoting HCIC, send me an email at carlyschneer@hercampus.com. Keep Calm and Read On!