Woman, Don’t Give Up!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Inter SG chapter.

Life in general is not easy. You have to deal with so many things since you are a child until you live your last days. Everything is a pressure and you find yourself almost drowning on all this rules that you have to follow as a woman or the preferred term, “a lady”. When you’re a child you can hear stuff like: “don’t play with the boys, is not lady like to be running with them”, “Let the boys do the heavy work, they’re stronger”, “If you act like that you’re going to be alone the rest of your life”. All this samples seems like exaggeration but in fact these are the more soft ones that you can hear.

With these examples we can see a little bit of the struggle we have to pass. They were examples of our childhood, imagen as an adult. You can see us dealing with people who don’t see any wrong on the fact that we as woman receive less money at our work. People who think that it is normal for a woman to be oblige to be a wife and a mother. Maybe you think that is an exaggeration but it isn’t.  This stuff happens but it is not time to give-up, is time to go forward. If the girl wants to run, let her be, if she doesn’t want to be a mother, don’t push her until she accepts. Let’s fight for what we really need, let’s look for a better future for our daughters.

Let’s look at the bright side and stay positive and focused on the finish line, let’s reach our goals. It is not going to be an easy task but the reward is a better life and that’s a really good goal. Woman, let’s not give up!

Nashali Galarza

Inter SG '20

Hello there, My name is Nashali Galarza and I'm in an English Major. I love reading and the art of writing. Being the Editor-In-Chief of Her Campus Inter SG was an important project for me which requires a lot of energy and dedication. I have published my first poetry book in December 2017 and will publishing the second one in October 2019. Also I am always looking for new writing adventures.♥