The Best Mexican Restaurants Near the University of Indianapolis

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Indy chapter.

Do you like to eat Mexican food? Well, you and me both. Here are the top three Mexican restaurants around the University of Indianapolis I have visited. Another thing about the following Mexican restaurants is that they are all within 15 minutes of campus. 

1. El Jalapeno

The best restaurant is El Jalapeno. El Jalapeno is very authentic and affordable. My favorite meal to get while dining there would be arroz con pollo. This is one of the best meals I have gotten there. I have also called the shredded chicken nachos. Both meals have loads of queso, so you can always guarantee some will be on every bite. 

2. Mi Abuelito

My next favorite restaurant is Mi Abuelito. My favorite meal I always get from Mi Abuelito when I go is the shredded chicken nachos. There is always so much queso that most of the time, the chips are almost soggy (but still outstanding) in the queso. It is a little hard to find if you’ve never been there. It is in a corner space of a strip, and it’s all blacked out. Most of the time, it is open, even if it doesn’t look like it. 

3. El Azabache

My third favorite Mexican restaurant and the closest one would be El Azabache. My favorite meal from El Azabache is arroz con pollo. It is a smaller portion than the rest of the restaurants. It comes with peppers in it as well. Ultimately, all three restaurants are delicious. I recommend them to anyone who asks where they want to eat Mexican food. 

Hi my name is Leah and this is my second year in Her Campus.