Best Breakfast Spots Near the University of Indianapolis

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Indy chapter.

Being from out of town and unfamiliar with Indianapolis, I’ve been searching for some of the best breakfast spots near campus. I’m a big lover of breakfast foods, so I compiled a small list of some of the best breakfast places close to campus. Here are my top 4 sites to get breakfast around campus!

Metro Diner

Metro Diner is a chain of restaurants across the US and has some of the best food I’ve found in a chain. The Cinnamon Roll pancakes are heavenly, and the Biscuits and Gravy are amazing, no matter which Metro Diner you visit. The closest Metro Diner is south of campus in Southport.

Yolk

Yolk is another chain in Indiana, Illinois, Florida, and Texas with test kitchens all over. I got their chocolate chip crepes, and I absolutely loved them. They also have some of the best coffee. Their Oat Milk Horchata Cold Brew, Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Latte, Peppermint S’mores Latte, and the Vanilla Oat Milk Latte are all incredible drinks, and I would highly recommend them. You can find Yoke in Downtown Indianapolis.

Wild Eggs

Homemade Cinnamon Rolls, Biscuits and Gravy, and Avocado Toast are all fantastic choices you can find here. Their coffee is outstanding, and for the over-21 crowd, they have Spirited Coffees and Wild Spirits. They also have lunch options for your brunch-time meals. You can find the closest Wild Eggs location in downtown Indy. 

Sidedoor Bagels

Two words: Homemade. Bagels. I absolutely love bagels, especially homemade bagels. Sidedoor makes some of the best everything bagels in the world with the cutest little shop on the north side of downtown Indy. They also have fantastic coffee and the best service around.

Student @ the University of Indianapolis studying Sport Management w/ a Minor in Marketing