This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Indy chapter.

With her stylish clothes, rhythmic dance moves, powerful voice, and beautiful spirit, Selena Quintanilla has forever changed the music industry. Her legacy remains strong, as she is adored and admired by millions of people worldwide. Fans now can learn more about the singer’s journey because Netflix’s Selena: The Series is set to air on December 4. In the nine 40-minute episodes, the series will showcase the singer’s life as she and her family navigate life-making “life-changing choices.” The series will have two seasons and is scheduled to conclude with her tragic death. The black-and-white teaser shows Selena y Los Dinos performing “Como La Flor” on stage. Her father, Abraham Quintanilla, is narrating in the background. He says, “Do you trust your dad? If you keep practicing, it’s all gonna pay off. Just watch. When I see you on that stage, I still see the six-year-old girl singing in our backyard.” Christian Serratos is starring as Selena. Fans may recognize her as Rosita Espinosa on The Walking Dead, Angela Weber in the Twilight movie series, and Suzie Crabgrass in Ned’s Declassified School Survival Guide. The series also stars Gabriel Chavarria as A.B. Quintanilla, Noemí González as Suzette Quintanilla, Jesse Posey as Chris Pérez, Seidy López as Marcella Quintanilla, and Ricardo Chavira as Abraham Quintanilla. Back in November last year, viewers got a taste of the series’s teaser. Viewers found Christian lying down in a living room, quietly singing “Como La Flor”, reading pages of a script. After, she applied red lipstick, put on Selena’s iconic purple jumpsuit, and practiced her iconic dance moves. For the past 25 years, the Quintanilla family has always prioritized keeping her memory alive. The family will be fully involved in the show’s making alongside executive producer and show creator, Moises Zamora. In a statement, Suzette stated, “Selena will always have a lasting place in music history, and we feel great responsibility to do justice for her memory. With this series, viewers will finally get the full history of Selena, our family, and the impact she has had on all of our lives. We are excited to partner with Campanario and Netflix to give fans a never-before-seen glimpse at our study and highlight why Selena will remain a legend for generations to come.”

Giselle is a junior at the University of Indianapolis studying Sports Communications and Spanish. Born in Chicago, she is a huge sports fanatic especially the Chicago Bulls.She loves listening to Shawn Mendes, eating Puerto Rican rice, and wishes dogs can talk.
Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at Indy/ Class of 2022/ Marketing and Political Science / Feminist/ Aquarius