This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Spring break is approaching, and that means you have the opportunity to wear a ton of cute outfits that you’re too lazy to wear to class. Here are some outfit ideas for any occasion, whether you’ll be going someplace warm, taking a day trip, or just staying at home!

Dresses

Dresses are your best friend when it’s warm, so don’t shy away from them! There’s nothing easier than being able to throw on a dress and calling it an outfit, especially if you’re in a rush to get ready. You can add heels or wedges to look more put together for dinner, or sport some sneakers for a more casual look. If it’s cold outside, be sure to put on some tights and a cute jacket to stay warm.

Skirts

If your outfit seems a little plain or boring, swap out your jeans or shorts for a skirt. Pairing a skirt with a tucked in T-shirt gives off a fun vibe, and it’s perfect for when you’re strolling around town or the beach. Accessorize the outfit with a simple necklace and a scrunchie. 

Tube Tops

Spring is the perfect time to bring out your tube tops again, even if you’re not escaping the cold. You can still stay warm by throwing on a corduroy or jean jacket over your top, keeping you looking trendy and cute. Pair the tube top with patterned pants, and you’ve got a cute outfit for when you go shopping! If you do happen to be someplace warmer, you can just throw on a denim skirt or shorts for an effortless look.

High-Waisted Jeans

You can never go wrong with a good pair of high-waisted jeans, so don’t forget to pack them! If you’re in a warm place, a bodysuit or a tank top tucked into your jeans works for almost any situation, such as going out to get some ice cream or hanging out on a beach boardwalk. If you’re stuck at home in this cold weather and just hanging out with friends, throw on a hoodie or pullover. Roll up your jeans and pair the outfit with some cute sneakers for a laid-back vibe.

Photo 1  | Photo 2  | Photo 3 | Photo 4 | Photo 5 | Photo 6 | Photo 7 | Photo 8

Melanie Marin

Illinois '21

Melanie is a senior majoring in marketing and international business management at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. She spends her free time going to concerts, binging shows on netflix, and baking. Follow her on instagram @melaniemarin9
Gloriann Lance

Illinois '19

Hi! My name is Gloriann Lance and I am a senior at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. I am one of the two Campus Correspondents for the 2018-2019 school year and I have been on Her Campus for 3 years.