Top 10 Ways To Have Fun In The Sun

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Hey, Collegiettes! Warmer weather is headed our way, and it’s almost time to break out the shorts again. With spring fast approaching, hibernation is no longer an option. Here are some of the best outdoor activities for the spring!

1.  Sun Tan Outside

Coming off winter, we’re all looking a little pale. It’s time to head outside and bring back our beautiful tans! Grab a friend and your favorite swimsuit and head outside for a bit; you’ll be glad you did once summer rolls around.

2.  Go to the Drive-In

Going to the drive-in is a fun, unique way to spend some time outside. Snuggle up to your crush for a cute date night or just go out with a couple of your girlfriends. Either way, you’re bound to make some awesome memories while watching your new fave film.

3.  Go to a Concert

It’s outdoor concert season! Grab your girls and check out that new band playing at your favorite bar. Better yet, go see that singer you’ve been dying to watch live for the longest time now. It’s going to be awesome.

4.  Visit Some Friends

We all have some buds at other schools, and now that it’s warmer, it’s time to go see them! Ask around and find some other people who have friends at the same places and make a weekend adventure out of it!

5.  Play an Intramural Sport

Whether you’ve been playing since you were younger or you struggle telling the difference between a baseball and a football, get involved with an intramural sport. It’s a great way to spend time with some friends, and at the end of the day, it’s all for fun.

6.  Host a BBQ

Break out the grill and invite over some of your closest friends! BBQ’s are always a good time, and if you can’t grill, it’s a great opportunity to invite over that cutie from class to teach you!

7.  Go For A Run

As a young Collegiette, fitness is an integral part of our lifestyle. Running is a great way to stay healthy and to clear your mind. Ditch the gym and spend a little time outside getting yourself ready for beach season!

8.  Host A Bonfire

Bonfire season is back! Bonfires are a great way to chill out with some of your friends for a low-key night. Pick up some marshmallows to roast and soon, everyone will gather ‘round for a fun time!

9.  Have A Photo Shoot

Pick out your favorite spring outfit, get a couple of your friends, and grab your camera! Head over to that gorgeous spot that you’ve always wanted to photograph, and take turns posing in nature! You’ll have tons of laughs and pictures to last a lifetime.

10.  Study On The Quad

There’s something about the outdoors that makes studying for that big exam just a little less painful. Ditch the library and go study on the quad! You might even get a nice tan out of it.