Top 10: 10 Reasons to be Thankful this Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

What’s a better time to think about all of the wonderful things we, Collegiates, have in our lives than today, Thanksgiving?

1. Be thankful for the upcoming holiday season!

With the holidays rolling in, here comes the bonding with family and friends, the festive music and picking out the perfect gifts for loved ones!

2. Be thankful that you are attending an amazing school.

You have the opportunity to have an amazing college experience. Now is the time to try new things and make memories with the people you care about. Time flies; so enjoy it while you can!

3. Be thankful for your friends.

You have some really great people in your life. They’re there to cheer you on when you succeed and to pick you up when you’re down. They appreciate you every bit as much as you appreciate them. Now is the time to continue to grow closer to these people and to keep forming new friendships.

4. Be thankful that you have a support system that cares about you.

You have put a lot of time into developing some amazing friendships; you now have some really great people in your life. Take the time to appreciate those loved ones.

5. Be thankful that your future is looking bright.

Right now, the sky’s the limit! You can follow basically any path you want at this point, because you are in control of your own life. Take comfort in the fact that your future is going to be incredible.

6. Be thankful that when one door closes, another opens.

Opportunities will always present themselves to those who work hard. Even if that last experience was not the best, be thankful for what you have learned and look ahead to the next experience!

7. Be thankful for life’s simple pleasures.

Take some time to look around and realize that amazing, little things are happening all of the time. Whether someone held the door open for you or someone offered you their umbrella in the pouring rain, take pleasure in the little things in life.

8. Be thankful that if you’re unhappy, you can fix it.

You have the power to change the things in your life that you are unhappy with. No situation has to be a permanent one, and if you are stuck in a rut, eventually you will come around with some positive thinking.

9. Be thankful that you are a strong, confident Collegiate. 

You are a beautiful, young and amazing woman. You’ve worked hard to get to where you are, and now is the time to enjoy the ride. Be proud of yourself; you deserve it!

10. Be thankful for today and tomorrow.

If all else fails, remember that you have survived every rough day up until this point. Be thankful for today, and know that even if things aren’t going as planned, you’ve always found a way to get through it in the past. Tomorrow’s a new day, and it’s already looking better.