photo of corn field
photo of corn field
Aaron Burden/Unsplash
Style

Thanksgiving Outfit Ideas For Different Occasions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Thinking of outfits for various occasions can be stressful. The holidays call for lots of meeting with friends and family as well as picture taking. Here are some Thanksgiving outfit ideas for different occasions.

Brunch

If you’re going out to brunch with your mom or a couple of friends, you may want to wear more casual clothing than you would for a dinner. Throw on a pair of jeans and match it with a fall-colored sweater. Maroon, white, cream or burnt orange are all good options which will compliment your outfit and the weather outside. Wear a jacket or vest on top to stay warm, and top it all off with a scarf. Booties or knee-highs would be the best shoes to go along with the outfit.

Casual dinner

A casual dinner outfit is in between a brunch outfit and a formal dinner outfit in terms of fanciness. For a casual dinner, try to recreate the brunch look, but with a skirt or dress instead. Again, try to wear a colored dress that coordinates with fall. Even just a small change, like wearing a skirt instead of pants, can make your outfit more wearable to dinners.

Fancy dinner

Formal or fancy dinners call for more semiformal attire. Wear a more formal skirt and top or dress and wear more jewelry. Putting on a blazer rather than a cardigan or sweater can make your outfit more appropriate for a formal dinner as well. Black stockings are a good addition if you want to make your outfit a little fancier. Instead of boots, wear heels or pumps.

Black Friday shopping

After Thanksgiving comes the madness of Black Friday shopping. You want to be warm and comfortable but also able to cool down if it gets hot while racing to grab the last sale item, so make sure to wear multiple layers of clothing. Also make sure to wear comfortable shoes, as you’ll be moving around a lot and you don’t want your feet to hurt.

Photo 1 | Photo 2 | Photo 3 | Photo 4

Julie Kang

Illinois '20

Julie Kang is a Journalism major at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. In her free time, Julie enjoys ice skating, shopping, talking and eating with friends and reading. Follow her on Instagram at @julieebaaby
Gloriann Lance

Illinois '19

Hi! My name is Gloriann Lance and I am a senior at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. I am one of the two Campus Correspondents for the 2018-2019 school year and I have been on Her Campus for 3 years.