This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

As the weather begins to warm, it’s the perfect time to step outside and enjoy the beauty of the spring season with your significant other. Spring offers a handful of cute date ideas that are worth trying out. Here are five ideas to inspire you.

Picnics

Picnic is a fantastic idea for springtime dates, it’s simple, romantic and fun. Spread out a blanket in a picturesque park, a pretty lake or anywhere with a pretty view. This is a great way to take a break from any stress in your daily life and enjoy each other’s company because it offers the perfect blend of simplicity, romance and outdoor fun. With a picnic, you have the freedom to choose your experience, from packing your favorite drinks and snacks to choosing a spot to enjoy the colorful views of spring.  

hiking

Hiking in the spring is another great way to bring yourself closer to nature! As the weather gets warmer, the trails become more alive and colorful. The air feels so much more fresh. This makes it the perfect time to spend outside together. Plus, it’s a great chance to bond and enjoy each other’s company. You can take a hike in the woods, at an arboretum, up a hill… there are so many possibilities!

cooking

Springtime offers a great opportunity for couples to connect through the culinary arts. Cooking is an excellent date idea with so many benefits. First, it strengthens communication as couples learn to navigate the kitchen together. Teaming up like this will help to strengthen your bond with one another. Secondly, springtime recipes regularly showcase clean seasonal food like strawberries and vegetables, so couples can explore new foods and cooking techniques. Additionally, cooking is a way to have fun, whether you choose a simple recipe or decide to go all out.

outdoor festivals

I’ve heard outdoor festivals are the best part of the spring season. These festivals offer great live music, food vendors and other entertainment. It can be anything from a music festival with a popular band to food festivals, art festivals or an outdoor movie showing! There’s a wide variety of options! This is another great way to share an adventure with your significant other.

Outdoor painting or sketching session

An outdoor painting or sketching session is an excellent springtime date idea for couples who are looking for creativity and relaxation. This lets couples spend time in peaceful areas such as parks, gardens or beautiful landscapes while expressing their artistic side. Painting and sketching outside gives you plenty of inspiration. You can make art out of colorful flowers, trees or rivers. You can hang this art up in your home or give it to someone as a gift!

Lauren Cravens

Illinois '25