Pop Culture Blog: No Sympathy For Stewart

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

As if enough people didn’t already dislike Kristen Stewart, now they dislike her even more, and it has nothing to do with her bad acting. This time it’s for cheating on boyfriend and fellow Twilight star Robert Pattinson.

Although the couple have been dating for years and have been living together in LA, Stewart apparently craved the attention of an older, married man. Her affair, which some say was nothing more than a little make-out session based on the photos, was with the director of Snow White and the Huntsman, which Stewart stars in. When photos of Stewart snuggling up to and kissing the director surfaced, no one was safe. Pattinson has moved out of his and Stewart’s home, and Stewart has moved out as well. As for the director, his wife has forbidden him to direct the sequel to Snow White and the Huntsman as long as Stewart is in it.

Stewart did have the common courtesy to release a statement to People Magazine apologizing and saying, “I love him. I love him. I’m so sorry.” For Pattison and for Twilight fans this is simply not enough. With the upcoming release of Breaking Dawn Part 2, the final installment in the Twilight series, fans are angry with Stewart for hurting their beloved Pattinson.

As for me, I think R-Patz can do a lot better. Their relationship always seemed too good to be true to me, a perfect on-screen and off-screen romance? Please. It was only a matter of time before something like this happened. And as far as my respect for Kristen Stewart goes, it’s at zero. Cheating is horrible in general but with a married man? Who also has children? That’s low.

Some people are actually siding with Stewart on this one and blaming the director, since he’s older…and married…with kids…but I’m not for that. I say blame them both. It takes two people to cheat.

How this affects the Breaking Dawn Part 2 sales, it’s hard to say. I don’t think there will be any negative side-effects because of the broken relationship between the stars where money is concerned, it might even help with the publicity, but I do think it’s going to make for one super awkward press tour. Or maybe no press tour. The couple is also supposed to host an award show together but considering they’re not talking anymore we’ll have to wait and see how that one goes. Maybe Pattinson should have dated a Harry Potter co-star instead? I would personally choose wizards over vampires any day.