Now That Time Tickets Are Out, How Do I Plan a Fun Semester?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Time tickets are out! Which classes should you take? Are you done with general education classes? Do you need to take more classes for your major? Regardless of what you need to fulfill your requirements, there is usually room for a fun class or two in your schedule. Let’s all make fall 2013 a semester to remember by choosing some fun classes along with the required classes. There are many classes to choose from in the Illinois fall 2013 class schedule. Included in the list for fall are classes to learn how to arrange flowers and ice skating classes. Fun and easy general education classes are difficult to find. Ask around to find classes that other people have taken and enjoyed. Try to ask people in your major who have the same interests as you.

Severe and Hazardous Weather (ATMS 120)

A class that satisfies a physical science and a quantitative reasoning II credit is Severe and Hazardous Weather. Professor Snodgrass is a well-liked professor among students who have had him as a teacher. Many people hear about the easiness of this course so it fills up quickly. 

Skating Activities (KIN 104)

A fun class to take if you are looking to add one more credit hour to your schedule is ice-skating. This class is at the ice arena and is an unusual class that will get you out of a classroom for an hour.

Human Sexuality  (CHLH 206)

According to the University of Illinois class schedule, the Human Sexuality course includes topics such as “birth control; prenatal care, pregnancy and childbirth; sex roles; premarital sex; lifestyles; marriage and divorce.”

Drug Use and Abuse (CHLH 243)

Drug Use and Abuse “emphasizes personal and social actions for responsible drug use.” This class is known for being a fun and easy way to receive a couple credit hours.

Popular Media and Culture (CMN 375)

Popular Media and Culture is a class in which students watch many different films. The class examines the differences between media and culture. One student, junior Liz Thomas said that when she took the class the films were film noir. Film Noir is a term used to describe crime dramas. It was an “awesome class with an awesome professor,” said Thomas.

Introduction to Floral Design (HORT 107)

The Illinois class schedule describes Introduction to Floral Design by saying that the class “Introduces the art of arranging flowers, foliages, and accessories according to the principles of design.” Even if you’re not looking to work with flowers out of college, this class is another class that will give you a couple more credit hours next semester. “The professor was the sweetest lady ever, at lab we would listen to music and it was seriously so cute when she’d go around and compliment you on how beautiful your design was,” said senior Devin Kelly. “Plus I always had fresh flowers in my room because of it!”

The time to choose our Fall 2013 classes is getting closer. It’s always stressful to plan semester schedules. Deciding how to spend an entire semester is always hard, so remember that there are a few weeks to add and drop classes. There are many fun and unusual classes offered at the University of Illinois. Don’t miss out on these classes that make the U of I unique!

Source: my.illinois.edu