This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Everyone knows that the new Season 28 of The Bachelor is all the rage recently. My TikTok and Instagram are flooded with The Bachelor content. After previously not being an avid reality TV watcher, I have to admit that this season’s Bachelor and contestants have me absolutely hooked. Here are my thoughts on who I think has the greatest chances to win this season. These are just my opinions, and they contain spoilers for the first two episodes!

#3. Jenn

In my opinion, Jenn is an underdog that not a lot of girls see as competition! She and Joey shared a long conversation on night one which really showed her personality and spunk off. During her first impression, she drove in on a go-kart, which she raced Joey in on their one-on-one date later in the night. Obviously, they hit it off, because she was Joey’s second kiss of the night!

#2. Maria

Though in episode 2 Maria found herself getting in some drama with the girls in the house, she’s still one of my frontrunners for this season. Her personalized style sets her apart from me, and her unapologetic personality is one of my favorites. I’m sure Joey agrees as well, as he and Maria have shared multiple kisses so far. Not only that, but their conversations and interactions always flow so naturally.

My top contender is…

#1. Daisy

I’m sure this doesn’t come as much of a surprise, but Daisy by far is my top contender for this season. Her interactions with Joey are so unforced, and the way Joey looks at her is filled with so much adoration. She is an underdog for sure and flies under the radar of many girls in the house. Her sweet temperament combined with her touching backstory makes her one of the more unique contestants this season. She is extremely well-spoken, supportive and just the kind of person I would want to spend my time with.

There you have it! These are (for now) my top three contestants for The Bachelor this season. Of course, these are subject to change as the series goes on, but for now, these three girls are who I’m rooting for!

Haley Kharvari

Illinois '27

Hi! My name is Haley Kharvari and I'm a freshman at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. I'm majoring in economics and legal studies, on the pre-law track. My hometown is Schaumburg, Illinois, a Chicago suburb. In my free time love to rock climb, thrift, bake, and more!