Gilmore Girls walking through Fall Festival
Warner Bros. Television

My Favorite Gilmore Girls Fall Episodes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

There’s nothing better than a perfect fall day. The warm-toned leaves are falling off the trees, the crisp air is refreshing, and everyone is starting to wear their sweaters. After a nice day outside in the fall weather, coming to something comforting when you get inside can top it off. Known for its charming characters and cozy vibe, the coming-of-age show, Gilmore Girls has multiple episodes that showcase their perfect small-town Stars Hollow, in the fall season. Here are my favorites to get warm and nostalgic this fall. 

Season 1, Episode 7: Kiss And Tell

Stars Hollow is known for its festivities, and in fall it’s no different. The Autumn Festival signs are up all over town, just like Taylor is all up in Luke’s business about fall decorations in this episode. Later, Taylor and Dean are found trying to make a stack of canned cranberries look like the Mayflower at Doose’s. Soon after, we get to see Rory and Lane boast over boys in pilgrim costumes for the food drive! There’s even a sweet moment between Dean and Rory that will definitely get you all fuzzy inside!

Season 3, Episode 6: Take The Deviled Eggs…

How would one town start the celebration of a season without seasonal decor? For starters, Stars Hollow is decked out in fall decorations. The town’s center with the gazebo is shining with fairy lights, pumpkins, and hay, and so is Ms. Patty’s dance studio! Even the Church had pumpkins when everyone went to go see the peaceful protest. On top of all of that, at the end of the episode, Rory and Lorelei play a wicked trick on Jess and devil egged his car! 

Season 3, Episode 9: A Deep-Fried Korean Thanksgiving

A major holiday in the fall is Thanksgiving, and this is the day when Rory and Lorelei have to attend four Thanksgiving meals. Rory and Lorelei already run around so much as it is anyway, but eating all that food must’ve added to the exhaustion. It is yet another episode where the Gilmore Girls have places to go and people to see.

Season 4, Episode 9: Ted Koppel’s Big Night Out

At universities, the football season starts in the fall. Rory’s university, Yale, is no different. In this episode, Richard and Emily show Rory and Lorelei the ways of Yale’s football game traditions, which include saluting the mascot, tailgating, and doing the Yale chant. 

Season 6, Episode 7: Twenty-One Is The Loneliest Number

Although Rory and Lorelei aren’t communicating, Babette and Lorelei are over Halloween decorations! It was entertaining to see Babette, a sweet older lady, harshly judge her neighbor’s decorating plans. With Babette’s plan of hanging Morey and having a Halloween soundtrack in the background, Lorelei has some competition. Lorelei then tries to persuade Luke to partake in a mad scientist skit, which he isn’t too excited about. 

BONUS

The TV intro itself. I mean come on! The first shot is of the title, Gilmore Girls overlaying small Connecticut in the fall, followed by a scene of red leaves swaying in the wind. How could one possibly not associate Gilmore Girls with fall? I hope many people can get a hot cup of their favorite drink and a fuzzy blanket to enjoy Gilmore Girls this fall!

The Lalatea Mugs Cozy Sweaters
Her Campus Media
Lena Brockway

Illinois '23

Just writing things that are on my mind :)