Music Blog: Studying Gone Right

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

It’s that time of year. Teachers are hustling to get in last minute assignment and students are hustling to get in last minute extra credit. If you’re like me, finals came out of nowhere this semester and you are not ready! Although summer bliss sounds like music to my ears as I study for 5 exams, I am here to fill you in on some actually music for your ears while you hit the books! Here are some sites that will provide you with music that will get you through those long nights at club UGL.

Pandora

Now, I know that Pandora is not a new commodity, but we cannot overlook the classics! Pandora playlists are the chocolate chip cookies of musical sites. Without this site, we would be sitting around eating oatmeal raisin music and never knowing what we were truly missing! A perk of Pandora is that you can add as many stations as your heart desires, and mix it up while you study. Maybe math brings out the Shins in you, while Advertising has you reaching deep down for some country music. Wherever the beat takes you, Pandora has a station for you. Some of my personal favorites include, the 90s station, Jason Aldean station, and Spice Girls station (NO SHAME).

Playlist.com

For those of you who know exactly what you want to listen to, then a playlist builder like www.playlist.com is perfect for you! With a built in search engine, you get all the new music without all the illegal downloads! CHA-CHING! This website is a great way to put together the perfect studying playlist to get you through the low times in your studying. Make a playlist like you would make a workout playlist, power songs! Get yourself motivated to kick those tests booty.

Spotify

I hope you all were able to catch my earlier blog about Spotify and downloaded it through Facebook. This add-on to the social networking site, gives you all the music you could need to make it through finals week. With features like 1,2,3 Lists and playlists that are trending by friends, there is always something new to look forward, too. This musical entity also allows you to share music with Facbeook friends. Think of the brownie points you will earn with friends when you interrupt their studying with a great song!
Here’s a little trip into the gold vault to get your studying started!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfRNRymrv9k&ob=av2n

Have a great finals week everyone!

Emily Cleary is a 22-year-old news-editorial journalism major hoping to work in the fashion industry, whether that be in editorial, marketing, PR or event planning is TBD. With internships at Teen Vogue and StyleChicago.com, it's clear that she is a fashion fanatic. When she's not studying (she's the former VP of her sorority, Delta Delta Delta), writing for various publications or attending meetings for clubs like Business Careers in Entertainment Club, Society of Professional Journalists, The Business of Fashion Club, or for her role as the Assistant Editor of the Arts & Entertainment section of her school's magazine, she's doing something else; you will never find her sitting still. She loves: running (you know those crazy cross-country runners...), attending concerts and music festivals, shopping (of course), hanging out with friends, visiting her family at home, traveling (she studied abroad in London when she was able to travel all over Europe), taking pictures, tweeting, reading stacks and stacks of magazines and newspapers while drinking a Starbuck's caramel light frappacino, blogs and the occasional blogging, eating anything chocolate and conjuring up her next big project. Living just 20 minutes outside of Chicago, she's excited to live there after graduation, but would love to spend some time in New York, LA, London or Paris (she speaks French)!