Meet the 2011-2012 HC Illinois Exec Team!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

After an amazingly successful first year, we couldn’t be more excited to hand the branch over to these stellar women and watch their continued success next year Natalie & Ashley

HER CAMPUS ILLINOIS 2011-2012 EXEC BOARD

Emily Cleary, President

Emily is a rising senior in news-editorial journalism and is also pursing a minor in French. She a member of Delta Delta Delta sorority where she serves as VP Academic. She is currently the assistant editor of the Arts and Entertainment section of buzz, she is a member of BCEC, PRA, SPJ and the Business of Fashion Club on campus. She interned at StyleChicago this past summer, and also interned at Teen Vogue in New York City this past winter before going abroad to London in March. She is so excited to head the HC Illinois team because she believes the site’s articles and other material are truly applicable and beneficial to real, college girls across the country!

Katie Bates, VP Social Media

Katie is a rising junior majoring in Advertising and the upcoming VP of Social Media for Her Campus Illinois! She previously worked as a social media intern for HC Illinois during the 2010-2011 year and absolutely loved being able to help produce such a fabulous online magazine for the women of UIUC. Aside from HC Illinois, Katie is currently the Assistant Project Director for Illini Public Relations Association, the Director of Public Relations for her sorority, Delta Gamma, and a campus representative for Apple. She is an active member of the American Advertising Federation, The Business of Fashion, and is also working to start up a new fashion PR RSO on campus called I-Style. Aside from work and school, Katie loves running, music, hanging out with friends and family, traveling, Katy Perry, hot sauce, fashion, the outdoors, and any opportunity to meet new people and learn new things.  HC LOVE :)

Samantha Colla, VP Public Relations

Samantha is a rising senior majoring in Communications and the upcoming VP of Public Relations for Her Campus Illinois! She was an HC Illinois editorial intern this past year and can’t wait to expand the site’s viewership on campus next fall. Samantha has been dancing since she was four years old and also heads the publicity efforts for her dance team on campus, Illini-N-Motion. In her free time she love shopping, being active, exploring new restaurants, and going out with friends around campus. Samantha hopes to move back to Chicago after graduation to attend graduate school and pursue a career in public relations or health marketing.