Kevin Murphy Takes Care Of Your Hair

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Hey ladies! About a year ago I wrote about my favorite hair care line at the time, Pureology. Since then, I’ve been totally taken by Kevin Murphy products! The Kevin Murphy products focus on the weightlessness and performance of their products, while other mainstream or traditional shampoos and conditioners strip hair of their natural oils, and “replenish” them with heavy conditioners. Like Pureology, Kevin Murphy uses renewable and sustainable resources whenever possible, and uses natural oils, extracts and antioxidants rather than harsh chemicals to keep hair healthy.

I’m a big fan of Kevin Murphy’s blonde.angel.wash, which is shampoo designed specifically for chemically treated blonde hair. In comparison to other shampoos, I’ve noticed that my color has lasted longer, and appears brighter and healthier after every use. The shampoo is proved to protect against heat damage, and maximizes the color retention. In addition, the line has a series of washes: a ‘balancing wash’ that restores hair to its natural composition, a regular ‘angel wash’ which is suitable for all color-treated hair and a ‘born again’ wash which provides moisture therapy to dry or damaged hair.

In addition, Kevin Murphy has an awesome line of styling products that smell amazing and are great for summer. All products focus on weightlessness, and I personally love the anti.gravity volumizer, which adds volume and texture to limp or flat hair. As my hair is easily affected by humidity, this product keeps my hair lively and full. When I’m letting my hair air dry, I love to pair the anti.gravity volumizer with the hair.resort texturizer. It’s comparable to a gel you’d use for scrunching, but instead it provides soft, touchable “beachy waves” that won’t get crunchy throughout the day. Not only will the waves last all day, but the unreal coconutty suntan-lotion smell will linger too! 

Kevin Murphy products are affordable and are available at most beauty salons, as well as ULTA!